In chapter 19, recognition, control, and investigation of drug abuse there is a new section on Marijuana and grow houses.
From our outline:
Marijuana Grow Houses (new)
Marjijuana grow houses are normal houses in residential areas converted for the purposes of growing marijuana.
What are the dangers?
• Poisonous fumes
• Violence • Increased crime
• Booby traps
• Environmental damage
• Hazard to children
What are the Signs of a Marijuana Grow Operation? (new)
• Residents rarely appear to be at home
• Visitors behave strangely or visit at odd hours
• Entry into the home is often made through the garage or a side back entrance
• Windows are boarded or covered up, preventing light from entering the house. Bright lights may be seen escaping from the windows, air conditioners never run
• Equipment used in the growing operation is carried into the home
• Sounds of construction or electrical humming from the equipment may be heard
• Exterior appearance of the property is untidy.
• Warning signs are posted in windows or around the house. These may warn people to beware of the dog, or that guard dogs are on the property.
Cash Value (new)
the amount of money that marijuana grow houses generate is well into the billions.
The new areas lend themselves easily to “all of the following” type questions.